Tuesday 26 January 2016

12th January Presentation Introduction


On Tuesday 12th of January we continued to complete research activities and designs for the "Distinction Doors" live brief. The studio practise allowed us to apply research activities to solve solutions for the live project in art and design. Also, the studio practise allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and prepare solutions for the live brief. Finally, the project allowed me to apply practical skills, understanding and methods to solve problems in the "distinction doors" live project.

At the start of the day we were involved in a workshop which made us start the studio practise day later than expected. After completing the workshop, I decided to focus on completing my research in my sketchbook and start to complete initial ideas for my final door designs. I decided to focus on my research first because I felt it was most important element as my initial design ideas would be inspired by them. To start completing my sketchbook work I decided to create a collage presenting all of my recent primary images of doors and theme "let the outside in". It was important to collect my own primary images as it allowed to present my understanding of the brief and my thoughts of key words and ideas. Also, it was important to collect primary images as it shows what products and themes exist around us and how it relates back to the target audience. To collect the images I visited local areas to find out what doors already exists on homes. Also, I went on walks to collect images of nature around me and reflect to the company how I interpreted the brief and quote "let the outside in". For the theme, I decided to collect images that focused on trees. I focused on trees because they have a variety of different shapes and surfaces which are ideal for doors. Also, I decided to focus on trees because they have unique surfaces that can be transcribed onto doors. A problem I faced when collecting the images for my theme was that the season wasn't good to collect colourful, vibrant images for my research. However, I overcame the problem and decided to focus on specific textures and shapes of nature. Eventually I placed my research images onto my sketchbook and created a collage.

Primary images that have been placed
onto the collage.
 After creating a collage we were given a brief introduction on how to present our work for the company at the end of the project. I was curious to explore the presentation session as I had no previous experience presenting my work. We were given a variety of options for how we can present our work such as a blog entry, a PowerPoint presentation, creating a video and a verbal presentation. We were also given instructions on what we need to do to complete a successful presentation. I have taken tips which include planning my time efficiently for the presentation, I will speak clearly throughout the presentation and I will be prepared to answer questions at the end of the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment