Monday 21 December 2015

15th December Exploring Target Audience


On Tuesday 15th December we continued sketchbook work in studio practise for the "Distinction Doors" live brief. The task allowed us to analyse the requirements and parameters of a 2D problem in art and design. Also, the task allowed me to apply research activities to support solutions for the project. Finally, the studio practise allowed me analyse the effectiveness of solutions to 2D problems in the project. In the studio practise I decided to focus on completing my target audience page as it would support my starting research for the project.

To start the task I analysed who the target audience is for the company "distinction doors". The information was collected from the live brief we were given. Firstly the target audience is both male and female aged 25 plus. The homeowners are hardworking and take pride in their homes. Also the target audience like to research a product before they make a purchase and have a premium quality product. Possibly the target audience may have a new modern house of renovating their existing home. The audience will be style conscious and will like to stand out from the crowd and set the trend rather than follow. Finally the target audience may possibly read ideal homes magazine and watch grand designs. All the points above were placed onto my target audience page. After analysing the "live brief" I decided to collect images from my independent research to match all the points above and make the target audience page look visual.

 I used images and sketches to match all the points highlighted in the brief. For "ideal homes" point I collected magazine covers of the title and also "grand designs" magazine as I believe that the target audience would also read it. To represent "modern home" and "renovated existing house" I collected a variety of images of buildings that relate to these points which have been inspired by "grand design” episodes. To match the quote "stand out from the crowd" I collected an image that I believe represented what the target audience would like. After collecting the images I placed them onto my sketchbook page and collaged them in a layout which I took inspiration from the PowerPoint we were presented at the start of the project.

When creating the mood board I collected information from the company about what colours and glass finishes does the target audience like. It was important to collect market research because it allowed me to analyse the requirements and parameters of the project. Also by collecting market research it allowed me to apply research activities to support solutions in the project. I found out that the most popular colours are "duck egg" and "chartwell". Finally the most popular glass window finishes are "Java" and "Sulu". I will be focusing on these colours and finishes throughout the project as they are the most popular features from the target audience. Also I will be focusing on these features because I am wanting to create a range of contemporary doors and one standard door that the target audience will like and relate to the brief. After creating a collage I created a variety of sketches on the sheet to show my understanding of each point I am aiming to achieve and make the page look visual. Finally I annotated the page to symbolise each point I am making on the page.


Target Audience Sketchbook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment