Tuesday 27 December 2016


On Tuesday 6th December, I started to create inspirational mood boards for my live brief project "Mother and Child" which are a series of photographs collected from my independent study. The mood board emphasises my main inspiration collected from primary and second research which will be developed further into my final design and outcome for the project. The board also reflects my interpretation of the theme personally and from the live brief given from the Civic Art Gallery. The task has allowed me to interpret research activity to develop ideas and creative proposals for the chosen live brief "Mother & Child". Also the task has allowed me to use analysis to develop research activity and outcomes for the project. The workshop outcome was successful as it allowed me to generate further ideas from the research collected from my independent study to create a final idea and development path I am wanting to achieve for the live brief outcome. Also, the workshop outcome was successful as it allowed me to analyse my primary research and highlight the areas which I believe will be most inspiring for my project.
Firstly to start the task, I decided to photocopy pages within my sketchbook and old primary photographs collected from my independent study. This allowed me to emphasise the images and pieces which are the most inspiring towards my project. For my theme and interpretation I have decided to research personally though old photographs taken from family holidays and places. I noticed within the images that I have visited Blackpool throughout my childhood with my mum and family which has also been a traditional through generations. This included images taken at Blackpool with my Great Grandmother and Grandma. I found these images inspiring as it reflects my childhood and family through the seaside resort. Also the theme reflects me personally as I have family living in Blackpool and have many memories visiting with my mother and others. This theme has allowed me to develop further ideas and generate further research through collecting images around Blackpool from visiting fairgrounds, theme parks and piers. All the primary images generated along with the theme were taken onto the moodboard where I decided to create a collage of designs. The board also included images taken from different theme parks and family holidays outside of Blackpool as I also find them inspiring for my project. By photocopying images, it has allowed me to create repetition and movement within the piece to emphasise areas which inspire me the most. For my background the collage has been generated through layouts and designs within the images which includes bold colours and strong shapes. The colour scheme has also been inspired by primary research which includes engaging, happy colours which reflects the "seaside" and "family holiday" theme. The moodboard also included sketches and drawings which have been completed and placed within my sketchbook. The outcome of the layout is presented below.
Development of my moodboard

Final Outcome


Next, I am going to create an additional mood board which includes secondary research from my Pinterest Board which explores "fairground" theme and "seaside" theme. I will also start to develop artist research and gain knowledge of artwork which will be inspiring towards my theme and project "Mother and Child".

No comments:

Post a Comment