Sunday 5 June 2016

26th May Final Piece



On Thursday 26th Of May, I continued to complete my final project piece for “Unit 8 Structures”. The studio practise consisted of creating my final characters for my final piece which included my woodpecker and stag layout. In my independent study, I started to create my stag outline and I sadly didn’t finish completing the design layout. In the studio practise I completed the features and elements within the stag layout which were ready to be placed onto my final piece. Also, within the studio practise I completed my woodpecker layout which was going to be placed next to my foreground piece layer. By completing this task, it has allowed me to develop my paper-skills further through adapting them to create my character features. Also, by completing this task it has allowed me to complete my final layer which included my stag character that was going to be placed in the centre of my design. Finally, by completing this task, it has allowed me to complete my final project piece for “Unit 8” Structures” which was ready to be placed on display within my shelf but also for my exhibition piece. By completing the task, it has allowed me to apply practical skills and theoretical knowledge and understanding to complete my final project piece for “Unit 8 Structures”.

To start the task, I focused on creating the surface of my stag character which involved fur and textures. I was nervous to complete this character as it was the smallest element of my piece which would make the pieces very intricate. However, I overcame my fear and started to build up the design. I repeated the same process and technique as my squirrel design and created small card pieces to build up my design which created texture and fur. I found creating the antlers of my design difficult to create as I could achieve the accurate measurements I needed to complete the design. To solve the problem, I collected tracing paper and highlighted the outline of the antlers which allowed me to complete the surface of the design. Next, I completed the facial features of the stag’s face which included the nose and eyes. I found creating these pieces challenging as they were the smallest pieces I have created for my final project. However, I overcame the problem and adapted my skills In order to complete the design. Once I created the features, I decided to cut the overall piece out which I found challenging to complete. A problem I faced when cutting the piece out was that the layout was very delicate which was damaged easily at the “legs” of the design. However, I overcame the problem and managed to fix the design which completed my stag layout.

Next, I completed my woodpecker design which was going to be placed onto my foreground tree layout. To create the design, I measured the area where I left some space to place my woodpecker design onto. Next I drew the outline of my woodpecker design and started to work into the layout. The layout was very simple compared to my other designs as it was created by white card and didn’t have much textures. To create the feathers outline within the design I used my craft knife to work into the surface which created an effective outcome. Next, I focused creating the patterns within the feathers which had the colour black. To achieve the colour and pattern, I collected black card and worked into the design to achieve the pattern I was wanting to complete. After creating the patterns, I focused creating the beak which was a problem to create. The colour of the beak was grey and I didn’t haven’t any suitable colours to complete this design. To solve the design I decided to cut out the beak which related back to my paper-cutting technique. The overall outcome was effective and I was pleased I could achieve the beak layout I wanted to complete. After creating the beak, I completed the design by adding the colour red to finish the features of the design. Once the woodpecker was completed I placed all of my elements together which completed my final piece.

Next, I am going to place my final design layouts onto the shelf and prepare to create my exhibition layout and space.



No comments:

Post a Comment