Thursday 16 June 2016

Personal Statement


My name is Ellie Fisher and I am 17 years old. I am currently completing my first year at Barnsley College where I am studying Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design. My Interest in Art is the subject of Illustration and contemporary paper– art. I have created intricate, precise pieces of work that express my passion for both subjects within Art and Design. I have also created illustration pieces within software programs which have allowed me to present my skills and understanding through computers. My career aim is to become a book illustrator as I enjoy bringing stories to life through characters and scenes. As a children’s book illustrator I want to bring characters to life which will expand imaginations and creativity for the young generation. I enjoy creating scenes and characters as they demonstrate effective outcomes and appearances. Whilst completing illustrations and scenes, I follow themes based around nature which includes animals, plants and habitats. I find exploring this theme fascinating as I can create a variety of illustrations which relate to each other. Also, I follow this theme as I have a passion and interest for wildlife which includes British birds and animals. I enjoy creating features and surfaces of the species which brings them to life through paper drawing and paper cutting. Throughout my education, I have learnt how to work under pressure, work independently and organise my time efficiently to complete deadlines and tasks.  Also, I have learnt how to work at a team and develop communication skills when completing team building tasks. I am a hardworking, determined, passionate artist who wants to learn new skills and take my existing knowledge into action.










No comments:

Post a Comment