Sunday 5 June 2016

Setting Up Final Piece


To create set up my final layout for my exhibition piece, I was going to combine my final shelf layout and project piece for “Unit 8 Structures”. By experimenting the final layout for my piece it has allowed me to explore visually my final piece on display and how it will look for the exhibition. It was the first time I able to see both of my ideas combined to create the 3D Paper-cut scene I was wanting to achieve. To make my piece more effective, I am going to be including lights to create shadows within my piece which will make it more effective and achieve the piece I have designed and completed. For the design to include lighting, I had to include a wooden frame above the lighting which will have the same measurements of my original shelf design and also connect the pieces together through my final piece and fishing wire. The final piece will be suspended and connect from above and below which will make it more stable and avoid the risk of my work bending. This idea was developed from my Marquette layout as the pieces faced the problem that they were moving about and bending through being suspended with one piece. I have learnt from this problem and I have created a layout which connected the pieces together effectively. To connect the shelf pieces to my exhibition wall space, we used a drill to make the shelf secure at the top and the bottom. Once the shelf layouts were created, I started to suspend the fishing wire that was going to hold the pieces together. Within my shelf designs I have placed hooks that attached the wire accurately in the places I was going to attach my work onto. The measurements were measured out within the shelf pieces which connected both separate pieces together. After placing the fishing wire onto the layout and hooks I was ready to place my paper-cut pieces onto the design. A problem I faced when placing the design onto the fishing hooks was that I was unsure how they were going to be attached safety. However, I overcame this problem and found bulldog clips which attached the pieces together safely onto the fishing wire. Due to having limited supplies of bulldog clips I couldn’t attach all of the pieces together. I will be collecting more bulldog clips for my final layout and exhibition piece. Once all the characters were on display, I turned the lights from underneath the design to see if it created an effective outcome. Overall, I was happy with my outcome as it presented effective shadows from the lights created the 3D paper-cutting scene I was wanting to achieve. The pieces were all highlighted within the layout and you could identify each element which were combined together to create one paper-cut scene. I was happy that each piece of the design that was on displayed could be seen perfectly and also present the intricate details within the surfaces. I am really looking forward to be placing my work on display for my final project and exhibition and to also see the elements that were unable to be displayed in the experimentation.






Video Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mso-Xb6diHM

No comments:

Post a Comment