Friday 10 February 2017

Wednesday 8th February Intoduction To Final Major Project


On Wednesday 8th of February, we were introduced to Unit 13 Final Major Project through a presentation and workshop tasks. The information provided was inspiring as it progressed to drafting our project proposals and the route we are taking for the task. It has allowed us to think about the primary research we will be taking, exhibitions we will be visiting and thinking about the outcomes of the final project. The presentation allowed us to identify our target goals and what we are aiming to achieve. We were given booklets that highlighted the grading criteria and I am aiming to achieve a Distinction as my goal for the project and Extended Diploma. The task has allowed us to use critical and contextual perspectives to prepare for the project proposal. Also, the task has allowed us to  use analysis and evaluation to prepare and organise my project proposal.
For the presentation we were given elements and influential words that would inspire us to develop an idea for the project and identified a key topic that I be that I can interpret effectively which is "Industry". This specific topic has got me thinking about industry elements around the local community which is also a personal subject to me. As I have family who worked in the coal mining industry I find this very inspiring as it's a personal subject to me and I also find it interesting to see the impact on the local community. Also with the theme, I have also thought about industry outside the local community which includes Glassworks in Barnsley and Steelworks in Sheffield. I believe that I will be able to generate a large amount of primary research for the project with this subject but also I believe that I will enjoy the project as I find it interesting and personal to develop further. Within the topic, I will also be able to generate ideas further globally by researching into industry with my visit to New York next week as it an influential area known for the "economic boom" and mass production. I am aiming to achieve primary research and observational drawings of the area whilst visiting the city. By completing this presentation it has allowed me to gain inspirational and confidence towards the project. After the presentation was completed I started to generate further ideas towards the project as I was struggling to connect artist research and contextual studies into my project idea. Whilst researching into the local community I discovered the Minors Strike which has a major impact through the area but also my family. This allowed me to generate artists who looked into campaigning artwork and society. I gained inspiration from my Pinterest board and discovered political artists including Peter Kennard, Anthony Burrill and Jamie Reid . Also whilst looking through artists I discovered exhibitions which are hosting artworks I am wanting to research further which includes Andy Warhol at the Whitworth Gallery and Grayson Perry at the Graves Gallery in Sheffield. These are inspiring towards my project and influential as both of these artists look into subjects around society and politics. By combining these elements subjects together I believe that I will have an interesting subject to explore and it will allow me to expand my ideas and generate further inspiration. By completing research it has allowed me to draft and generate points for my Project Proposal Section 1 and 2.

 
Next, I will be generating further ideas and research resource to build up my bibliography. Also I will be completing my final outcomes for section 1 and 2 of my proposal which have been drafted within the workshop task.

No comments:

Post a Comment