Saturday 25 February 2017

9th February Research and Project Proposal


On Thursday 9th Of February I started to generate research resources and confidence to create section 1 and section 2 of my draft proposal. The workshop task was useful as it allowed me to continue to generate draft proposals for each section of my project and also identify the areas I am going to explore and which research I will be obtaining to support my final major project. It has allowed me to generate research resources and confidence to complete the draft proposals but also emphasise the skills and techniques I have achieved throughout the year of the course. It has allowed me to identify my passion for Textiles and what I achieved throughout the year through skills including knitting, embroidery, screen-printing and felt-making. The drafts highlights the techniques I have gained and what I am wanting to achieve within the future. I have included my passion for surface designing and my career aim to achieve this and design fabrics and wallpapers. Also, I have included my interests for protecting the environment and campaign artwork which has been very influential towards my work and an area I have gained strength within the course. The workshop task has allowed me to use critical and contextual perspectives to prepare and organise for my project proposal. For section 1, I have described my growth of Textiles and passion as a child completing Arts & Crafts techniques through my hobby of Girl Guides. Also within my draft, I have listed materials I have experimented with and the techniques through screen-printing such as Devore and Puff-Binder.  I have also expressed my development of the course through have previous knowledge of embroidery and adapting this further into my project work. Once I completed my draft, I started to complete section 2 which describes my project proposal, theme and what I am aiming to achieve. To obtain, research I visited the library to discover artists that explore my theme of Industry and Justice. I have decided to include “Justice” as I have a previous passion for campaign artwork and I wanted to expand my interest further within the project. I also used Pinterest, to achieve artist knowledge and local exhibitions. I discovered the works of Jamie Reed which was a artist involved in the Punk generation which expanded my knowledge to look into this movement for my project. I obtained books exploring this theme and cover artwork from bands and artists which contributes to my interest for music. Whilst, researching through Pinterest I discovered campaign artists including the works of Peter Kennard and Anthony Burrill. Also, through my research in the library I discovered a New York artist called Keith Harling who has created graffiti, campaign artwork which contributes to my visit to the city for further research.  I am going to expand my knowledge further of the works of Tracey Emin and Grayson Perry who focuses works around current topics and society. Previously, I have knowledge of Grayson Perry’s work through a documentary around the subject of “men” and included an episode exploring the subject of industry and working class which will be influential towards my work. Once I obtained research, I started to draft my second section of my project proposal which describes my theme and what I am aiming to achieve. I have highlighted why I have chosen to explore this theme through my previous passion and history through my family of coal-miners who were impacted within the strike movement. Also, I have highlighted my interest through global industry and how the city of New York will be inspirational towards my work. Finally, I have drafted my final outcome of the project and what I am aiming to achieve through Textiles to achieve a final piece. Overall, the workshop was useful as it has allowed me to identify my passion for Textiles, interests and what I am aiming to achieve for the project. Next, I am going to complete section 3 of my draft final project proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment