Thursday 20 October 2016

18th October Screen Printing


On Tuesday 18th October, I continued to complete further samples and experimentation of my final repeated design screen for my project “Natural World”. This workshop task allowed me to develop my skills I have learnt previously and adapt them in order to create and explore further samples and materials for my Screen-printing design. Also, the workshop task allowed me to continue to produce samples through my developed exposed screens and create a large scale repeated screen piece which includes the material cotton. Finally, the task has allowed me to use my previous cotton dyed samples to create prints of my work onto the surface of the design. When completing the workshop tasks I was curious to use my screens as they didn’t work successfully previously in the task.

To start the task, I collected my new exposed screens and started to create the colours and materials to create my designs. Firstly, I tested each sample individually through the material paper as I have gained confidence with this surface to create the design outcomes. I repeated the same screen-printing processes which revealed my final outcomes. I am pleased with the paper outcomes as they have created the bold individual layers and features within my original design. The screens have transferred intricate details and patterns within my design successfully onto paper. Next, I focused combining all of the layers together to create my final design. To make the layers fit together I used tracing paper to guide my screen to fit the surfaces accurately which was repeated for each outcome. Once the colours were transferred accurately, it revealed the final outcome which was successful. The design layout presents bold, warm colours with the patterns demonstrated accurately within the design. I am pleased with the outcome as it has allowed me to create my final layer colour orange perfectly onto the design. This design outline and colours were repeated onto different surfaces which included cotton and calico which also both gave effective outcomes. To experiment further, I decided to explore different colours which includes the colours blue and yellow. Both of these coloured blended together perfectly to create the colour green which related back to my theme and colour scheme within my visual sheets. To demonstrate my screen can be repeated, I decided to create a large scale cotton piece which explores my experimentation of colours and my design together. The cotton piece was a 1m and it allowed me to create 3 screens across the layout. However, a problem I faced when creating the design was measurements as the repeated pattern and separate designs weren’t accurate which had an impact on the final outcome. My print samples are presented below.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next, I am going to continue to complete my large scale repeated screen which will demonstrate my understanding and knowledge of the process completed.

Large Scale Print Outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment