Thursday 20 October 2016

Print Outcomes


First Print Outcomes




Overall the first print outcomes, are less effective compared to my further developed prints as the screens for the designs weren't successful which effected the appearance of layout. However, the yellow background was effective as it present a strong outcome with areas and outlines which were for the next layer of colour. The second red layer wasn't effective as it presented a faded effect separately and when combined together onto different surfaces. The black outline was less effective as it also presented a faded outlook when presented separately. When the black outline was presented onto the layered surface, it was also less successful as the design was damaged and smudge which impacted the overall design.


Samples
 
These samples are my dyed cottons which I have developed an adapted into my project. I have transferred my black layer onto the minute pieces and explored a variety of patterns from my final design. I am pleased with the outcome of the layer as it is emphasised within the different colours. These samples demonstrate the intricate details and patterns within my design successfully.


 This Print Outcome explores different colours and materials for screen-printing. I used paper inks and I discovered the outcome was successful onto the experiment material paper as it gave strong, bold colours and highlighted each layer perfectly. However, the paper inks didn't blend which dint present the third colour I wanted to achieve which I gained from screen-paints.
 
 Second Print Outcomes










These print outcomes have been created from my second exposed screens and they explore a variety of materials which includes cotton, calico and recycled materials.  I am pleased with the paper outcomes as they have created the bold individual layers and features within my original design. Also, the warm colours have worked effectively and blended together perfectly to create the final orange colour layer. Also with my second layer, I have explored different colour techniques to experiment and compare with my original colour idea. When mixing blue and yellow together it has allowed me to create a green layer which blended and match together perfectly. With my second prints I also explored further fabrics which worked effectively as the design transferred easily and successfully onto different surfaces.
 
This is a large scale print of my piece which has been placed onto 1m length of cotton. I wanted to demonstrate my understanding of a repeated screen and experiment to see if my screen worked successfully onto the surface of the cotton repeating. The outcome of the design works successfully when placed together. However, the piece is less effective as the measurements of the designs are not equal which impacts the design when placed together to create a repeated print.

No comments:

Post a Comment