Friday 14 April 2017

5th April Creative Business Cards

This Business card is a quilted textiles piece with a
screen-printed design placed at the font and a magic
touch background information placed

This is a Origami piece capturing the project theme of Japan. The design is folded out to
reveal the information and contact details displayed.



This is a repeated pattern printed onto card resembling a blossom that has information
placed on the back of the design well.

This is a 3D creative business card capturing handmade soap with information placed
on top of the surface with a pin

This is a 3D creative business card looking at the aspects of human form and metallic
structures. The design worked well and captured information attached to the deign well.



This is a Textiles fabric sample resembling a tea bag with calico surface and heat transferred
information placed well onto the design aspect.




For the progression towards my development of creative business cards have been captured through a workshop task generated in the studio environment. The task involved identifying the students theme and career pathway in which they wanted to achieve. The task was challenging in some aspects because identity of some creative business card themes and outlines were difficult causing confusion and confliction within the group task. It has allowed me to identify the positive aspects of the creative business cards in which I can learn and achieve to be developed into my own design and progression. The task has allowed me to gain inspiration and take into consider the areas in which I need to include for my creative business cards which includes
Amount (50)
Connecting to Theme
Connecting to career
Diversity and a sense of creativity through the art student perspective.
From the creative business card research I have taken inspiration from the elements which has allowed me to layout initial ideas for the project outcome. Through looking at the Textiles elements within the task it was been influential because they incorporated techniques from the subject matter including screen-printing, heat transfer and embroidery. A particular area in which I found inspiring was the heat transfer of information onto fabric surfaces capturing information accurately and highlight the students contact details significantly. This is an aspect in which I am going to expand and progress within my designs as it connects the balance of textiles and information well. Also through the studies of the project, I have taken inspiration from the screen-print samples generated from the moon design below as the technique can be developed and expanded well to suit the amount required. It also connects to my career pathway well through the exploration of colour scheme and traditional screen-print samples. Through the screen print aspect it would allow me to mass produce the information well and create unique samples through colour scheme which is a method in which I am wanting to expand my knowledge further. The workshop task has been inspiring as it has allowed me to identify personally the useful areas in which I can take forward into my own work of Textiles and progression. Also it gave me the opportunity to influence my designs in order to create initial Textiles surface design. I will be taking the element of heat transfer process towards my design because it connects the balance of technique and display of information well. Next I am going to produce my final design that will be taken from the sheets created and progressed further within the Textiles Studio. I found the research task inspiring and influential to support my progression within the final project.

No comments:

Post a Comment