Tuesday 8 December 2015

3rd December introduction to Distinction Doors


On Thursday 3rd of December we started to explore the brand new live project “Distinction Doors”. The project is a live brief and the task is to design a 3 limited edition contemporary doors and at least one standard door. The designs must have glass panels and have instant visual appeal from the exterior of the door and interior.All the designs I create must match the theme “Let the outside in” and have the “Wow” factor as the original doors are lacking this appearance. For the first time in a project we have a target audience who are both male and female aged 25 plus. The audience are homeowners who take pride in their homes and they will be style conscious. Also the audience want to stand out from the crowd and become the trend setters. Possibly, the audience may have a modern, new house or renovating their existing home. Finally, the audience may read ideal homes magazine or watch grand designs. The target audience will be considered throughout the project and I will be relating my design work to them. Also in the project I will be presenting my designs to Distinction Doors company and my peers on Thursday 19th January 2016.My presentation must cover my approach to the project, my research, the development of my ideas and my final outcomes towards the project. I am really curious to explore this project because it will allow me to create designs for an actual company and explore a target audience. The project will allow me to analyse the requirements and parameters of a 2D problem in art and design. Also the task will allow me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and prepare solutions to a 2D problem. It will allow me to apply practical skills, understanding and methods to also solve problems through 2D design. Finally, the project will allow me to analyse the effectiveness of solutions to 2D problems. To start the project I decided to create a mind map to plan out how I am going to achieve each element. For the layout I decided to create a spider diagram because it allowed me to explore my thoughts and ideas and develop them further. For the layout I decided to create a visual mind map to show my planning through art and also present my research onto the page. To start the layout I placed all the criteria I need to complete and placed them onto the page. Next I worked into the different sections and highlighted what I am going to complete. All the elements written onto the mind map will be completed and planned throughout the project. The task allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan and organise what I am going to design and research in the project. Also the task allowed me to understand the live brief thoroughly and highlight key words that will be used in the project. Finally, the task allowed me to identify the target audience and important information about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment