Tuesday 1 December 2015

23rd November Studio Practise


On Tuesday 23rd November we continued to work into our sketchbooks in studio practise. The studio practise allowed me to develop my design ideas and finish sketchbook pages that were incomplete.  Also, the task allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and prepare to a 3D dimensional problem in the project. The task also allowed me to apply research activities to support solutions to a 3D problem in the “Transcribing Caro Project”. Finally, the design allowed me to complete the layouts and build up my annotation skills in my sketchbook pages.
Firstly, I decided to complete my design 2 sketchbook design as I didn’t complete the layout and the different stages I had when creating the final design. Previously, I created the layout of all of my design stages and started to build up design 2. I took inspiration from my research of renaissance paintings and combined both Caro’s work and the architecture to create my design ideas. To start the design I took inspiration from the strong columns presented in the paintings and started to build up a design made up of curved pieces joining together. Throughout the design stage I took into consideration all the workshop elements and all the materials that I could use whilst in working in the project. It is important to create a variety of designs because it shows you the variety of research you have collected and the development that has been taken at different stages in the project. Also it is important to create a variety of designs because it allows you to be creative and present all the different options you can create in the project. Finally it is important to create a variety of designs because you can combine different ideas together to create one final developed design. A problem I faced with developing the design was that I was unsure how to incorporate print-making onto the design. To solve the problem I placed the design onto a piece of MDF which print-making will be placed onto. Finally I finished the design 2 stage and decided to focus on annotation in my sketchbook. In my independent study, I collected a variety of information about the artists I have research and the art movements they were involved in. I also collected information about Anthony Caro’s artwork and more information about the artist. All the research I collected was from books, art galleries and official artist websites. I placed the information onto the pages and also expressed my personal response to the artists and work. Also to complete the sketchbook annotation I explained why I chose the layout of my designs and what materials I used. After completing some annotation on the secondary research pages, I continued to finish pieces that I needed to complete on different sketchbook pages.

Design 2 Sketchbook Page 

Annotated Sketchbook Page
Overall, the studio practise was useful as it allowed me to complete my design stages and annotation for my artist research pages. The next step is to complete annotation in my sketchbook pages and finish my design stages and final development stages in my sketchbook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment