Tuesday 16 February 2016

Gif Workshop


In the workshop we were given the task to create a Gif File on the software Photoshop. A Gif is a file format which compresses similar images together to create a short animation that is repeated on a constant loop. The task allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and prepare solutions for the project. Also, the task allowed me to apply practical skills, understanding and methods to solve problems I faced in the session. Before I started the task I felt nervous about creating a file as I didn’t feel confident with using the Photoshop software and Macbook computers. Also, I felt nervous before the task as I have never edited images to create short movies which made me feel less confident with completing the task.

Before I created a Gif file I collected a variety of images that are presented below which were going to be compressed and edited to complete the task. I found collecting the images difficult because at first I was unsure what images and theme would be most suitable to create the file that was required. However, I overcame this problem and started to create the Gif File on Photoshop.






















Firstly, I placed the images into Photoshop and opened them in “Batch” which allowed all the images to be seen on the same scene. Then I created a timeline and a frame animation which allowed all my images to be placed into one area which was then edited in order to create the Gif animation. Then the time for each image was reduced equally and then they made larger so that they would combine to create one animation. Next I placed the images on the timeline diagonally so that they would play straight after each other. Once I completed the stage I pressed the space bar which played my file in a loop and created my final Gif File.  Then I saved my file for “website” and changed my file format to a “gif” which completed the task.

I repeated the process twice as the first Gif I created was to teach me the basics on how to create the file which helped me gain confidence when creating my next Gif file and using the software process. By exploring the process twice, it taught me that you can create your own drawings on Photoshop to be transformed into Gifs and also use images to create them.  I have gained skills on the software and MacBook as I have learnt short cuts and easy techniques which made the process quicker and more effective. Also I have gained skills through editing images and colours on Photoshop which gave me the confidence to explore further into the software program. Overall the task was successful because it gave me the confidence to use new types of software and devices which will be developed further into the project. Also, the task was successful as it taught me a new animation technique and process that will be developed into the future.

My First Gif Attempt
Final Gif

No comments:

Post a Comment