Wednesday 24 February 2016

Time Based Media Unit 7 Evaluation


I have found experiencing working with contemporary time-based forms of art and design valuable because it has allowed me to explore both modern and old animation techniques. It has made me appreciate how far animation and time-based forms have developed over the years and how we should conserve it for future generations. I have found working with contemporary time-based forms valuable because it has allowed me to gain skills and knowledge that I will develop further in the future such as computer devices and software programs. The final recording for the Zoetrope worked out well because all of my drawings were equal and connected to each other successfully so that the animation would work well. To improve my zoetrope images, I would include colour to my character to make the scene stand out better through the process when it is spun. I think that our I-Movie turned out well because it incorporated all the elements required for the task and matched the subject that we wanted to create. To improve the piece as a group we would have liked to extend the movie further as we didn’t talk about Andy Warhols enough and mainly focused on the screen-printing process. I believe that the action-painting outcome did turn out well as it expressed my thoughts and emotions and related back to Jackson Pollocks work and techniques. However, I would change the video recording because I think that it is too slow and it would work more effectively as a fast motion piece. I think that the collection of reportage drawing was successful because I took photographs at every piece which built up to show my development throughout the task on my blog. Finally, I think that the Stop-Frame animation film turned out well because the whole video and story flowed successfully and created the story that we presented on our storyboard. I think that collecting research around time based artists such as Helen Green, David Hockney and Bill Viola was effective because it presented how artists are using a variety of time-based elements to create their own individual artwork. I believe the artist Helen Green inspired me in the project because I wasn’t confident with creating a gif file but I was determined to learn because I found Helens work incredible. By collecting research about Bill Viola, it has allowed me to analyse how effective his work is because I have learnt the inspiration behind his pieces. I found the visit to the “Animotion Workshop” interesting as it allowed me to explore different animation techniques and the processes behind each individual piece in the exhibition. It allowed me to explore and learn about both old and new animation techniques and to interact with them as a visitor. Throughout the workshops I have planned and prepare for the tasks through creating story boards which allowed me to develop my ideas. Also I have planned in this project through taking photographs which were taken into the Gif task. In the project, I have applied practical skills from each workshop and produced 5 different edits. I have also applied practical skills from video outcomes from each individual workshop I completed. Also, I have collected a series of images from the reportage drawing workshop which shows my development. I have also gained practical skills through the software Photoshop and I-movie as I have gained confidence with using them. I have had difficulties in the production of the Time-based project as I had a problem with uploading videos I have taken onto my blog. To overcome the problem, I created a YouTube account and placed all of my videos onto that channel. All the links from the YouTube videos were placed onto my blog which solved the problem about uploading videos. Throughout the project I have used my blog as a digital sketchbook to document my workshop tasks, research and video outcomes. I believe that I have used the blog well and have gained confidence with using the “blogger” website to upload elements onto the page. To improve my blog content I would include more videos and images as I believe that some of the workshop tasks I completed doesn’t have enough photos or films. I believe that I have managed my time in workshop tasks and outcomes but I haven’t managed time well when writing on my digital sketchbook. I will develop my time-management skills for the next project and develop what I have learnt from this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment