Monday 23 January 2017

10th January Client Profile


On Tuesday 10th of January, I completed a customer profile exploring my target audience and client for the Civic Gallery in Barnsley. The customer profile allowed me to explore my personal interpretation of who visits the gallery and to get me to think about customers personal and why they would want to visit the Exhibition “Sam Shendi Mother & Child”. By completing the task it has allowed me to analyse the task to develop research activity and understand the target audience. Also, the task allowed me to demonstrate independence in decision making in planning and developing creative solutions. Client profiles are used within industry to identify target audiences which are suitable to visit events and buy products. It allows you to identify interests, hobbies and personalities through the sheets which are incorporated into my project. It has allowed me to think about working for galleries and how my project is tailored to the client’s requirements and restraints. The customer profiles are visual and includes a variety of images to allow the client to identify my interpretation of the audience.

By completing the customer profile it has allowed me to connect this research towards my client’s requirements and have a better understanding of the project theme and outcome. I am considering my target audience through the task and continuing to follow the restraint of not using the colour “blue” within my work.

Also, within the studio practise I continued to complete my visual sheet which explores my development of my interpretation of the project theme “Mother  & Child”. The interpretation of the theme explores “fairgrounds” and “seaside “which has been incorporated into my development of surface design. The designs reflect my primary, secondary research and are influenced by artist’s research. For my piece I wanted to include a beach theme which incorporated emphasis of scale and repetition. All the designs created, include element of Textiles and I wanted to emphasise each element into my initial ideas. This repeated pattern has been collected from photographs from family holidays to Scarborough which features iconic character of Donkeys.  For my choice of colour, I used a harmonious choice of yellows and oranges to symbolise the beach colour. However for my choice of colour with the donkey characters I contrasted the pieces to emphasise the features and build-up of texture. The black outline captures the features of the donkeys further and emphasises the scale and proportion. However, as a repeated screen-print I believe that it will be difficult to achieve as it incorporates intricate details and features. Overall, I am pleased with the outcome as it resembles my childhood and visiting seaside resorts with families.  To complete my visual sheet I completed the layout which was a repeated, mirrored pattern of lights found at the dodgem rides obtained through my primary research. The layout is built up with gouache and layered colours that blend together to complement each other. To achieve the layout I wanted to cover the whole background with the design however I couldn’t photocopy the design to fit the outline. To solve the problem, I took my design to reprographics to be flipped and transferred through photocopying which allowed me to create the final outcome with a repeated pattern. The layout is presented below.

Next I am going to complete my tracing designs and outlines for my final outcome which will be exposed and transferred onto screens.


Client Profile


Background layer


Final Visual Sheet Outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment