Monday 9 January 2017

3rd January Visual Sheet


On Tuesday 3rd January, I continued to complete my first visual sheet which has been developed through my research and sketchbook work. The visual sheet and layout has been inspired by my primary, secondary and artist research obtained previously in the project. Each design created combines my inspiration and development of the brief “Mother and Child” through the theme of “Seaside” and “Fairground”.  The colour schemes chosen on the visual sheet have also been inspired by research and the restraint obtained from the brief which is not to use the colour “blue”. Throughout the development of my visual sheet I have struggled not to use the colour “blue” as it is a continuous colour which has appeared throughout my research and primary photographs obtained. The developed visual sheets will be taken further into the project to create a repeated screen print which will be experimented onto different materials and surfaces. The task allowed me to select appropriate materials and processes to develop creative solutions for a creative art and design activity. Also, the task allowed me to interpret research activity to develop ideas and creative proposals for a chosen art and design live brief. Finally, the task allowed me to apply practical skills knowledge and understanding of an audience to produce creative solutions for a chosen project “Mother and Child”.

Previously, I have developed designs through the Christmas holidays which includes repeated designs which have mainly been inspired from the seaside resort of Blackpool and photos taken from different areas of the town. The colour schemes chosen are striking as I wanted to emphasise the designs on display but also relate back to the “kitsch movement” I have previously studied which expresses bold engaging colours. A big theme around my pattern designs are food as It is an important element within my primary research and the theme of Blackpool. My favourite design is the ice cream layout presented below as I believe the colour scheme works well together to make each individual repeated shape stand out. Also, i think that the design will be suitable for a screen print as I believe it will be able to repeat easily onto different surfaces. Another layout I like within my visual sheet is the fairground repeated print as it uses similar colour scheme and simple shapes to make the details of the designs stand out. I am pleased with the outcome of these designs and I believe that I will be developing and combining these designs further towards my project. Finally, another design I liked within my sheet is a repeated pattern of spaceman and mermaid layout which explores Blackpool illuminations and the imagination of fairground attractions. The piece demonstrates a sense of childhood as it explores dreams and myths which highlights the importance of my theme and project. However, the design is very detailed and will require a large amount of screens which will be difficult to achieve an effective outcome. To complete my visual sheet, I decided to photocopy my board to gain repeated designs created to create a collage of work. Then I cut designs from the copier and placed them on the gaps of my work to create a repeated mirror pattern layout which relates back to my fairground theme and research obtained.
Final Outcome
Next, I am going to create another visual sheet which will explore further initial design ideas which has been inspired by my primary, secondary and artist research.

No comments:

Post a Comment