Monday 23 January 2017

5th January Visual Sheet developed


On Thursday 5th of January, I continued to develop further surface designs through my second design sheet exploring my theme and topic of the life brief “Mother & Child”. The second development sheet continues to reflect my interpretation of the theme which is “Fairground” and “Seaside” but also reinforces the research I gained through primary, secondary and contextual research. Also, I have continued to include inspiration through my choice of colours and shapes to create my final design outcomes. The colour scheme also relates back to the restraint of the project which is not to use the colour blue and I have found this task difficult through the design process. I have found this restraint difficult because the colour has had a back impact through my research as it relates to my interpretation and symbolises colours found at the “Seaside”. Throughout the task, I have taken into consideration all of the key elements of Textiles in order to create effective and unique outcomes. The task has allowed me to apply practical skills knowledge and understanding to support the live brief “Mother & Child”. Finally the task has allowed me to interpret research activity to develop ideas and creative proposals for a chosen art and design live brief.

To start the task, I decided to focus a design based around the seaside town of “Blackpool” where I obtained primary research exploring the seafront and amusements around the area. I wanted to combine these both elements together but also symbolise Blackpool so I decided to create a “Blackpool tower” themed piece. I focused on this element as the attraction symbolises the seaside town and reflects within my childhood exploring the area and visiting the ballroom. For the design, I decided to use the key element which was symmetry and used tracing paper to create a repeated mirrored pattern within the surface of the design. Once I completed the design, I faced a problem as I felt the design was basic and didn’t include much detail. To solve the problem, I decided to include another element into the design which was “Carousel” themed and included horses which was another key area within my sketchbook. To follow the pattern, I repeated the design symmetrically to create an effective outcome on the surface of the design. For my colour scheme, I gained inspiration from Jeff Koons “Kitsch movement” and decided to include bold choice of colours which included pink, purple and white. These colours were effective as I believe that they can be layered and combined together easily to create a repeated screen print. To complete the design, I decided to include dots which have been inspired by the artist Yayoi Kusama which created an effective outcome which I was really pleased about. I believe that I will be taking this design further into my project with developments and adjustments to the design. The outcome is presented below.
Final Outcome
 

Next I am going to complete my final visual designs within the sheet which will be taken further into tracings in order to create my repeated screen-print.

No comments:

Post a Comment