Monday 9 January 2017

4th January Visual Sheet


On Wednesday 4th January, I started to develop further surface designs through creating another visual sheet exploring my theme for the live brief project “Mother & Child”. The development of the designs has been inspired from my primary, secondary and artist research around the theme of “Fairground” and “Seaside”.  Each design created will relate to my interpretation of the live brief and project “Mother and Child” but also will reflect the choice of colour scheme chosen. Throughout the task, I have taken the key elements of Textiles designing into consideration in order to create effective design outcomes. My final piece for the project will be a repeated screen print which will be experimented onto different materials and surfaces. The task allowed me to interpret research activity to develop ideas and creative proposals for a chosen art and design live brief. Also, the task allowed me to apply practical skills knowledge and understanding to support the live brief “Mother  & Child”. Finally, the task allowed me to select appropriate materials and processes to develop creative solutions for a creative art and design activity.

To start the task I created the layout of my visual sheet which is a large circle that will be divided into sections in order to create surface pattern and designs. The outline reflects my artist research gained around Yayoi Kusama who uses repeated pattern of dots to create her artwork and sculptures. Once, I completed the layout I focused creating my first design which is a repeated, mirror pattern of the drink “Slush”. I have decided to focus on this type of drink as I have collected primary research of the subject whilst visiting Blackpool and I was attracted to the bold colours and flavours on display. I believe that the bold colours would also relate to the “Kitsch Movement” I have explored previously within my research. To create an accurate pattern I used tracing paper to capture and transfer the designs equally onto the surface to create a symmetrical design. For the material, I continued to use Gouache to capture the bold colours of the drink and cup which would be emphasised further within the design. For my background material I decided to use watercolours as I wanted to emphasise the foreground patterns within the sheet and allow them to become more engaging.

Next, I am going to continue to create further initial design ideas within my visual sheet which will be developed further to create my final repeated screen layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment