Saturday 16 April 2016

15th March Proposed Research And Action Plan


On Tuesday 15th March, I continued to complete my final proposed research and bibliography through collecting research and “Harvard Referencing” all the sources I will be using for the project. Also, I continued to complete my final action plan which is a timetable of tasks I am going to complete each week of the project until my final deadline on the 7th of June. The studio practise allowed me to analyse the “context” of the project as I planned what actions and resources I am going to be using in each week of the project. Also, by analysing “context” it gave me the confidence to plan my time efficiently and set targets that will develop my time management. By analysing “context” it has allowed me to complete my proposed research and develop my research and the element within “Structure” that I am going to develop for my final project. Finally, the studio practise has allowed me to continue to analyse the requirements and parameters of the “Unit 8 Structures “project.

To start my proposed research, I collected my books that I gained from the last studio practise task and started to Harvard reference the sources. At the start of the task, I wasn’t confident with using the specific “Harvard reference” and especially with book resources. However, throughout the day I developed my skills and adapted my knowledge to different sources that I was going to use and include in my final proposed research. As I had collected 3 books about paper crafts and paper “structure” I wanted to develop my research on landscape artists and art movements as I was also focusing on the element “structure of nature”. To collect the specific research, I visited the learning curve to gain inspiration from books and artists within the element of nature that I am wanting to develop further. From my previous knowledge I knew an artist called Andy Goldsworthy, who is an environmental artist and in the library I discovered a book based around his work in woodland areas. I found the book really interesting and I am looking forward to developing my knowledge about the artist and developing ideas around the style of his work. Next, I focused on collecting information about landscape artists and found two books around the works of John Constable and Claude Monet. I found both of these books useful because both artists explore a variety of different landscapes and techniques that I am wanting to explore further in detail. Also, both of these artists use paint for the pieces they create which will allow me to gain the confidence to use them when I am transcribing the work and developing ideas throughout the project. Finally, for my research in the library, I focused on collecting research around a movement called “Arts and Crafts” and a designer called William Morris who was involved in the movement. I have previous knowledge of this movement and I believe that it is suitable for my project as the pieces within “Arts and Crafts” are based around nature or made my elements within nature. William Morris is also suitable for my project because he created wallpaper pattern designs which have been inspired by elements within nature. I will be exploring the designer in detail and developing his ideas into my research and work throughout the project. After collecting books for my proposed research, I started to collect website sources and gallery exhibitions that I am going to visit for my primary research. All of the sources I collected were from artist and gallery websites which makes all the information accurate for my research. I collected extra information from the artists within all of the books I have gained and researched other artists including Mark Hearld who is an illustrator and bases his work around nature and animals. Also, I collected research sources around David Hockney who is a landscape painter and print-maker. After collecting website sources, I focused on collecting information about galleries and exhibitions that I can visit through my independent study. By collecting information about galleries that I can visit, it has allowed me to plan my time efficiently and obtain a variety of primary images and research. In my independent study I am going to visit the “Millennium Gallery” in Sheffield to see the exhibition “In the Making: Ruskin, Creativity and Craftsmanship” which is about the “Arts and Crafts Movement”. Also, I am going to "York Art Gallery" to visit “The Lumber Room” and explore York. I will visit the "Yorkshire Sculpture Park" to collect research around all of pieces at the park and landscape. Finally, I will be visiting the "Cooper Art Gallery" in Barnsley to see the exhibition “Doodles” which is a collection of artworks from a variety of different artists. As I collected all of my research, I placed them onto my proposed research and bibliography on my proposal which were all Harvard Referenced correctly. After completing my proposed research, I focused on my action plan. The action plan is a timetable for what I am going to completing at each week of the project until I reach my deadline. It also includes a list of resources and workshops that I will be going to explore through my development and final project. By completing this action plan it has allowed me to plan my time efficiently throughout each specific week of the project. Also it has allowed me to prepare for the resources I will be needing for my development stage and the final weeks of the project. Finally, it has allowed me to plan what specific research I am going to complete in my independent study.

Next, I am going to start to complete my contextual research and explore all the artists that I have researched through books and website sources. I will be placing my research and information into my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment