Monday 18 April 2016

Unit 8 Assessment Criteria Mind Map

To analyse the assessment criteria for Unit 8 “Structures” I have decided to create a mind map to highlight each element within the criteria that I am going to achieve for the project. For each criteria of the project, I have analysed what I am going to complete in order to achieve the assessment criteria to a high standard. By completing this mind map it has allowed me to plan my time efficiently throughout the project and set targets for each criteria that I am going to complete in order to achieve the project. To relate the assessment criteria to my project, I have decided to make it visual and include drawings to different points within the criteria. Also, I included a collage of leaves on the mind map to make it more visual and to relate to one of my themes that I am going to explore which is nature. Finally, to make it more visual I used matching colours and pens to create a theme on the mind map which relates to the autumn season and the collage of leaves that I have placed. By analysing the assessment criteria, it has allowed me to identify the requirements and parameters of “Unit 8 Structures”. The image bellow presents my final “Unit 8” assessment criteria mind map.

For the criteria “context” I have identified how I am going to achieve this through completing my “final major project proposal” which includes creating a rationale. For my rationale, I will be analysing the skills I have learnt throughout the course which includes exploring the workshops that are ceramics, print-making, ceramics, textiles, photography and 3D workshop. Also, for my rationale I will be identifying the career path I am wanting to explore in the future which is illustration. Project concept is also included in my project proposal which identifies how I am going to achieve the assessment criteria and present my development throughout the project. Also, an action plan and timetable is included in the proposal which will present what I am going to complete each week of the project until my deadline. Proposed research and a bibliography will also be included in the project proposal which will list all the books, galleries and websites I am going to be using for my research sources. Finally for my project proposal, I will be completing an evaluation which will include on-going annotation and final evaluation. Also for the criteria “context”, I have completed mind maps which includes initial thoughts of structures, my interpretation of structures and “Unit 8” assessment criteria. Finally, for “context” I will be researching the history of crafts, paper craft and the arts and crafts movement.

Next criteria for “Unit 8” is “research” which consists of primary, secondary and contextual studies. For my primary research I am going to create a sketchbook filled with observational drawings, quick sketches and continuous line drawings from my visits to galleries and landscapes. For my gallery visits I am going to explore the “Millennium Gallery” in Sheffield, the “Yorkshire Sculpture Park” and the “York Art Gallery”. I will be visiting galleries and also specific exhibitions that relate to elements within “Structure” which I am developing and exploring for my project. Whilst visiting the galleries and landscapes I will be collecting primary photographs which will have a variety of colours and composition. For my contextual studies, I will be researching landscape artists which include Claude Monet, John Constable and David Hockney. Also, I will be researching nature artists which include Andy Goldsworthy and Mark Hearld. Finally, for my contextual studies I will be researching paper artists called Su Blackwell, Rob Ryan, Helen Musselwhite, Emily Hogarth and Beatrice Coron. For my secondary research I am going to create Pinterest Boards which will explore paper crafts and nature that I will develop further throughout my project. Finally, for my research I will be collecting historical research which includes the “Arts and crafts movement”.

For the criteria “problem solving” I will be experimenting in workshops which includes textiles, 3D workshop and print-making. I will be demonstrating my skills that I have developed throughout the project and adapt them into “Unit 8 structures”. Also I will be exploring with a variety of different papers for “problem solving”. The variety of paper will include different thicknesses, textures and colours. Exploring materials will also be experimented through problem solving and this will include using water-colours, acrylics, ink, oil paints and pencils throughout my project. Finally, for “problem solving” I will be creating paper craft maquettes which will include making paper models and using a variety of paper crafts.

Another criteria for “Unit 8 Structures” is “planning and production” which includes my action plan that will present my targets that I will set for each week for the project. Also, I will be completing “SMART Targets” that will allow me to set targets in each lesson at the start of the day and reflect on what I have completed at the end of the day. My sketchbook will include my development throughout the project and trails and experiments. For “planning and production” I will be creating maquettes, paper models and experimenting with a variety of paper crafts. Finally for “planning and production” I will be collecting samples that will be taken from workshops which includes print-making, 3D workshop and textiles.

The next criteria was “practical skills” which demonstrates my workshop skills I have gained throughout the course. Also, I will be demonstrating the equipment knowledge I have gained in each workshop and continue to use these for my final project.

For the criteria “Evaluation”, I will be completing an on-going evaluation which includes daily blog entries and annotation through my sketchbook work. Also I will be completing a final evaluation which will reflect the whole project. Whilst visiting galleries and landscapes I will be reflecting and analysing pieces through blog entries and annotation. Also, I will be reflecting how paper crafts can be protected and captured for the future. Finally, throughout my project I will be evaluating my research, initial ideas, development and my final piece.

Finally, for the criteria “presentation” I will be producing a presentation technique called “Pecha Kucha” which consists of 20 images and 20 seconds. This method will show my progress throughout the project. An exhibition of my work will be placed at the end of the project around college to show my final piece and progress throughout the whole project.

No comments:

Post a Comment