Monday 18 April 2016

Lake District


I continued to collect primary research and drawings through my weekend visit to the Lake District. I found visiting the area inspiring as the beautiful scenery’s allowed me to create drawings and take a variety of photographs from my visit which will be developed further into my project but also my final ideas. I collected photographs from different angles and perspectives through looking at landscapes but also specific elements within them that create the scenes. The specific elements included photographs of plants, trees and animals. I was lucky to obtain a primary photograph of a frog which was sat on a tree stump. This photograph is my favourite image because I was able to combine both animals and landscapes together within one image. Also whilst visiting the Lake District, I collected photographs from the greenhouse area which included tropical plants and pond life. I enjoyed taking photographs from this area as I was exploring a new environment which held elements of landscapes such as tropical plants and lily pads. The Lake District presented incredible forest scenery which I will take further into my project and also develop in detail for my final ideas and outcomes. I believe the forest landscapes will be effective for my project as they present a variety of elements that are combined together to create one landscape which is inspiring for my themes “Structure of nature” and “paper structures”. Whilst visiting the Lake District, I create drawings from the landscapes I observed which included continuous line drawings and quick sketches. I enjoyed creating these drawings as they allowed me to demonstrate a variety of drawing techniques in order to present the landscapes and elements I have explored. Also, I enjoyed creating these drawings as it allowed me to interpret my ideas and thoughts of the landscapes I have analysed but also use a variety of materials to achieve an effective outcome. All of my images and drawings are presented below.





 












No comments:

Post a Comment