Wednesday 13 April 2016

Exploring "Structure" Task

As a group we generated ideas for elements within “Structure” and started to collect specific elements for Unit 8 that we were going to develop and research further individually for our own projects. The task allowed us to gain inspiration from a variety of ideas that individuals have contributed as a group. It also allowed to combine our group ideas to create a mind map that would be developed into my sketchbook work. Finally, the task allowed me to decide the elements within “Structure” that I am wanting to develop further for my project.  The overall task allowed me to analyse the requirements and parameters of the “Unit 8 Structures “project as a group but also individually.
To start the task we were placed into groups and given a large piece of paper to start writing our thoughts and ideas for the project “Structure”. The task allowed us to develop our communication skills and to combine all our thoughts together to be placed onto the mind map. Also, the task allowed us to develop our team work skills and collect all ideas and thoughts from each team member together for our mind map. I found the task useful because it allowed me to explore a variety of elements within “Structure” that I haven’t thought of previously when given the project brief. Within the elements of structure, the group explored the structure of “Nature” which was developed further into sections. Firstly, we explored the “Structure of Landscape” which includes how landscapes are built up and factors that affect the environment which includes seasons and weather. Then this was developed further into different environments that have landscapes which include forests, mountains and coats. Also, within the structure of “Nature” we explored the structure of the human and animal body. These ideas were developed into the structure of cells, plants and natural forms such as rocks and fossils. I found exploring this element within “Structure” useful in the group task because it allowed me to gain inspiration from these ideas and allow me to make a decision of what I am going to develop further for my project. I want to explore the “Structure Of Nature” because I found all the elements within the topic interesting to explore and I believe that I can develop these ideas further to create a final project. Also, I want to explore this element within “Structure” because I have an interest for nature and topics within the element will be interesting to explore and develop throughout the project. Overall, as a group we covered and explored a large variety of elements within “Structure” which included:

·         The structure of music

·         The structure of words

·         Architectural structures

·         Geographical Structures

·         The structure of language  

After completing the group task, we gave feedback to the whole class and collected more ideas and thoughts of elements within “Structure” which included:

·         Paper Structure

·         Illustrative Structure

·         Drawn Structures

·         Sculptural structures

·         Textile structures

·         Functional structures

·         Colourful structures

·         Abstract structures

Whilst working as a whole class, I found paper structures interesting because I enjoy making paper crafts such as origami and pop-up books. Also, I found paper structures interesting because I find the build-up of detailed paper-cut pieces incredible. Illustrative structures also caught my attention whilst working as a whole class because that is a career path I am wanting to follow in the future which would be useful to follow and explore in further detail in the project. For the project I am going to combine the elements of “nature structure”, “paper structure” and “illustrative structure” together to develop and research further for Unit 8. I have decided to combine these ideas because I believe that I can create an interesting final piece and sketchbook progress exploring these elements. Also, I have decided to combine these ideas together because I believe that they match well and will create an effective journey and it will progress throughout the project. Next, I am going to create a mind map exploring the task we have completed as a class and create a developed mind map of the elements I am wanting to explore in the project.
Final "structures" mind map that combined all of the groups ideas together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment