Friday 27 May 2016

12th May Creating My Background Piece


On Thursday 12th of May I continued to create my background layout for my “Unit 8 Structures” final project piece. The task involved creating my background layout which included cutting out my tree designs and starting to work into my path layout for the piece. I was nervous to create my path background piece as it is an important element within the design as it starts from the background and travels towards the foreground which will hold my “stag” character in place. The layout has been developed from my design sheet and the Marquette I have previously created. However, I am working towards a larger scale and this has been measured out accurately in the previous studio practise. I continued to develop my paper-cutting skills within the task, to create a large scale piece and also achieve intricate details within the design. By completing the studio practise, it has allowed me to continue towards completing my final project piece for “Unit 8 Structures”. Also, by completing the task, it has allowed me to develop my understanding and skills I have learnt and adapted from this project to create my final project piece. The task has allowed me to demonstrate my understanding and knowledge I have learnt throughout the project to complete my final project piece which demonstrates the progress I have achieved. By completing the task, it has allowed me to continue to develop my paper-cutting skills and techniques in order to achieve an accurate background piece. The studio practise has allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and develop my final project piece. Finally, the task has allowed me to apply practical skills and theoretical knowledge and understanding to complete my project piece for “Unit 8 Structures”.

To start the task, I collected a large cutting-mat which was the surface for my paper-cutting process. Health and safety instructions were followed throughout the task in order to avoid the risk of injury to hands. I continued to place my hand away from the cutting knife and I used the cutting-mat to allow the knife to be safely through my design. All the health and safety instructions were followed throughout the task. To continue with the design, I decided to complete the tree outlines that weren’t completed in the previous task. I believe that I have gained confidence with cutting the trees out as I have developed my paper-cutting skills and created a technique which allowed me to achieve the intricate details within the piece. However, I did face some minor paper-cut damages to my design but it didn’t affect the overall appearance of the layout. After completing the trees, I focused creating the path background of my design. I was nervous to start the task as it was the most important element of the piece as it will be placed within the centre and work towards the foreground from the background. I was also nervous to complete the task as it included intricate details within the path layout which can be easily damaged when worked into the piece. However, I continued to work into the piece and started to create the background piece of my design. I started to paper-cut the intricate details first within the design path as I believe they were the most difficult pieces to achieve and the most likely to be damaged. I developed my confidence when completing the intricate details and I started to work into the outline of my path piece.
 

Due to a visit to a local art gallery, I was unable to complete my final background layout piece. Next, time I will complete the final elements and details of the background piece and start to create my foreground pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment