Friday 27 May 2016

19th May Creating The Second Layer Of My Piece And Character


On Thursday 19th of May I continued to complete my final piece for "Unit 8 Structures" which is a large, woodland paper cut scene. I continued to work into my scene through completing the next layer of my piece by creating tree trunks and editing the sizes. Also, I continued to work through my scene by completing the second layer element of my design that includes a layout of a squirrel. By completing this task, it has allowed me to develop my paper cutting skills and adapt them to create a large scale piece. Also, the task has allowed me to develop my knowledge with using my final material and also allow me to gain confidence throughout the task to create my final outcome. By completing the task it has allowed me to demonstrate my knowledge and thought process whilst completing this project and representing it though my final piece. Also, the task has allowed me to explore a new element within my task which is creating animals through paper cutting and presenting the features within this technique. Overall, the task has allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and develop my final piece for "Unit 8 Structures". Finally, the task allowed me to continue to apply practical skills and theoretical understanding for my final project piece.

To start the task, I continued to create to complete my second layout of my final piece through cutting out the surface pattern of my tree trunk design. I found creating this layout easier than my previous foreground tree pattern because I have gained confidence with developing the surface and adapted my paper craft skills in order to fit my final piece. Throughout the task, I have followed health and safety instructions to avoid the risk of injury whilst creating my final piece. I continued to use a cutting mat to avoid the craft knife damaging the surface. Also, I continued to place my hand away from the cutting knife to avoid the risk of injury when cutting pieces out for my final piece. All these instructions were followed throughout the task. Once I completed my tree trunk surface, I focused on creating the next layer of my work which involved further paper cuts of trees. A problem I faced when completing my design was that I didn’t have enough resources and materials to complete my squirrel surface layout. I will complete my squirrel character further along into my project.

To create the next layout of my design, I measured out the elements for the pieces I was going to create. As I continued to create the next layer, I wanted the scene to move into the distance which would reach my background so I made the measurements of my elements smaller. For the height I continued to create the pieces at 60cm as it would be at equal length. However, for the length I measured the pieces at 10cms. After measuring the length I worked into the surface and created the texture on the tree surfaces. I continued to be inspired by my previous research and I developed my ideas to create individual tree surfaces. After creating the layout, I started to cut into the surfaces and develop the texture I was wanting to create. A problem I faced when cutting out the surface of my design was that the pieces were very intricate which made it difficult for me to cut out. By the pieces being intricate, some of the surface was damaged through the equipment I used. However, I gained confidence with creating the layout and I completed the next layer of my final design. The layer is presented below.

Next, I am going to create the next layer of my final scene piece and start to create characters for my project which will include the squirrel and woodpecker design.

No comments:

Post a Comment