Friday 27 May 2016

5th and 3rd Of May


On Tuesday 3rd of May and Thursday 5th Of May, I started to create initial ideas for my final project piece “Unit 8 Structures”. The studio practise consisted of creating 16 initial design ideas that have been inspired through all of my research sources and developments. I was nervous to start the initial designs as I was unsure what I was wanting to create and how I was going to achieve it through my final project piece. However, by developing my confidence throughout the studio practises, it has allowed me to generate a variety of ideas which will be taken further into the development stages of my project. By completing this task, it has allowed to combine my research sources together to create my own paper-cut designs for my final project. Also, by completing this task it has allowed me to combine both of my elements of the project to create initial design ideas for my final piece. The task has allowed me to develop my confidence within the project and develop my own ideas and solutions to create initial design ideas. Also, by completing the task it has allowed me to generate a variety of ideas through creating 16 sketches and outlines of designs. Finally, by completing this task it has allowed me to demonstrate the ability to plan, organise and develop ideas for my final project.

To start the task, I decided to create the background layers of my design. As I was going to be creating 16 initial designs, I decided to make the 4 pages look similar so I collected patterned card and watercolours. To relate my background to the theme “Structure Of Nature” I decided to create a green watercolour background as the colour relates to the environment. Also, I decided to place patterned card onto the design as it related back to my other theme “paper structures” which allowed me to combine both elements together onto one sheet. By making all the initial design pages look similar, it will allow me to identify within the sketchbook my design process and the starting point. After creating the background I started to create initial ideas for my final piece. All the designs I created were sketches which highlighted individual pieces within each element of the each designs. I decided to include animal and insect figures within the designs as I was inspired by the works of Mark Hearld and Helen Musselwhite and I wanted to present my influences throughout my project. Also within my work, I was inspired by the architectural structures within nature that I have collected from my visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Wentworth Garden Centre. A variety of elements taken from my research have been placed into my initial design ideas and this has inspired me to expand my ideas further into the development stages.

Next I will complete development page which will present 8 designs that have been chosen from the initial ideas to be expanded further. These designs will include the further development of colour, scale and what materials I am going be to using.





No comments:

Post a Comment